FAQs – Frequently asked questions
Please find answers to several FAQs below. If you still need help, feel free to reach out to us at info@smartChord.de for assistance. We welcome your questions and feedback.
Yes you can. Casting your Android screen lets you mirror your Android device to the TV so you can enjoy your content exactly as you see it on your mobile device – only bigger.
Please see: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6059461?hl=en
Yes, but you have to install Google Play on a Fire phone. Please see how to do this:
Unfortunately there is no smartChord version for Mac or Windows. But there is a general solution to run Android apps on these operating systems:
There are multiple possibilities. The two easiest ways are:
1. Use the s.mart Songbook Online Editor. There is a online edit mode, which allows you to edit your song comfortable in the browser of your computer. For more information see: http://www.smartchord.de/edit/song
2. Synchronize your songs with your cloud. During synchronization, the songs are stored as text files in your cloud. From your PC, you can access and edit these files in the cloud. With the next synchronization, the changes are imported into the songbook.
A purchased version of smartChord can be easily reinstalled. It is important to use the same Google Play account with which you have bought smartChord. If it was an in-app payment, that’s enough. If it was a separate s.mart app, just install it on your device.
smartChord can be used on multiple devices. You don’t have to pay twice. Just install it on your devices.
There is just one point! You have to use the same Google Play account on all devices.
Normally the producer of your new device provides a tool to move the data from the old device to the new device (e.g. ‘Smart switch’ from Samsung). Also Google can do the job with the backup and restore feature.
But also smartChord has also different possibilities to move or synchronize data.
The best way is to copy a backup file
1. Go to smartChord on your old device
2. Send the backup file from the backup screen with the share
button to your new device. (You’ll get to the backup screen by the navigation menu in the left upper corner)
3. Copy a backup file to the folder \smartChord\backup on your new phone
4. Go to the the backup screen and restore the backup
Or you can use the synchronization:
1. Use the ‘Synchronize smartChord’ feature to store your content in the cloud
2. Add the Google Play account to the new phone. It’s the account with which you have bought smartChord or a s.mart app
3. Install smartChord on all s.mart apps you have bought on the new phone.
4. Use the ‘Synchronize smartChord’ feature on your new phone to restore your content from the cloud